Personality, integrity and detail are what I value most, with the belief that excellent design is facilitated by good communication and bright ideas. Being a problem solver at heart, I see myself as someone who can visualize an idea and present it conceptually right from the beginning of a project. Passionate about developing brilliant design solutions driven by meaningful conceptual thinking, I thrive in an environment where there are continuous development opportunities.
I want my work to demand the attention of a target audience and get to the crux of consumer insight to deliver on the proposition and ultimately change human behaviour. An excellent communicator, I believe that collaboration is key and I strive to work closely with all project stakeholders. I take constructive criticism on board without sacrificing my creative integrity and have a proven ability to produce high quality, polished work.
- Campaign Monitor
- MS Office
- Graphic Design
- Art Direction
- Image manipulation
- Finished art
- Coding for Designers // Aquent Gymnasium // 2013
- Creative Foundation // Adschool Sydney // 2012
- Dreamweaver Level 1 // Sydney UNI // 2012
- BA Graphic Design // Canberra UNI // 2003–2006
- CSCA (Cert. of Speech Communication in Action) // AMEB Teaching License // 2004
- Fashion Design Cert. IV // TAFE // 2002
- 9 years professional design experience
- 3.5 years as lead creative of in-house agency style team
- Design & art direction across multidisciplinary outputs – brand identity, marketing collateral, creative campaigns, sponsorship activations, publishing, web, eDM, packaging & signage
- Strong attention to detail & dedication to polished final design
- Highly adaptable, drawing on a diversity of career experience and comfortable working with all levels of management in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively collaborate & work autonomously in order to deliver high quality creative solutions on time & on budget – resourceful in common situation of tight budgets
- Manage multiple projects efficiently & effectively from brief to production
- Remain focused & creative in fast-paced, deadline driven environments
- Successfully devised & implemented a transformative creative process across all key business groups
- Collaborative – worked directly with executive level creative freelancers, managed freelancers across TTL campaigns, liaise with vendors, clients & internal stakeholders
- A creative problem solver who produces innovative designs
- Understand HTML & CSS principles
Familiar with Chrome & Firefox developer tools
- Can work directly in CSS to modify sites & designs
- Can work in HTML & CSS with front-end developers
Eclecticism... art, design, movies, music, live performance, architecture, black & white, satire, skiing, friends, family...
the quirky & bizarre.
Graphic Design Specialist // The Benevolent Society // Feb 2014 – Present
The Benevolent Society is Australia's first charity, being over 200 years old, the organisation strives to help people change their lives through support and education in order to create positive social change.
As the in-house creative designer, reporting to the Manager, Brand and Communications, for the past year and a half I have managed the roll-out and further development of a newly created brand, with two sub-brands and numerous stakeholder groups with differing target audiences.
Senior Creative // Australian Power & Gas // Sept 2010 – Jan 2014
Australia’s largest, independent energy retailer. Listed on the ASX, Australian Power & Gas has grown rapidly from its inception in 2007 to a business with a customer base of 350,000 accounts.
As Senior Designer, reporting to the Manager – Brand & Communications, I was creative lead and held direct accountability for the oversight of the company’s visual identity. Contributed to the establishment of an in-house studio for the fast paced and rapidly expanding, multiple stakeholder business. Successfully completed conceptual design across multiple touch points including brand identity and development,
corporate communications, sales and marketing collateral. Also created assets for digital and social media presence, sponsorship activations and advertising, environmental design and product campaigns. Responsible for managing deliverables of freelance designers working in-house and collaborated with external senior creative freelancers.
- Designed & art directed effective multi-disciplinary creative from concept to final output within tight budgets and time lines, resulting in a cohesive brand identity with ever growing customer base.
- Successfully improved customer loyalty and quality of sales by redesigning all new customer collateral & key customer life-cycle pieces. Designed across multiple touch points including sales, collateral, web, eDM & DM, humanising a dry product within a low engagement industry.
- Increased customer engagement by 42% during the Hall of Fame sponsorship campaign duration through the design of all promotional items across facebook, game-day activation and press. The sponsorship portfolio included both the Richmond Tigers (AFL) and Balmain Tigers (NRL).
- Complete redesign of company website reduced call centre activity and customer complaints, reflecting greatly improved UX/UI, thereby
lowering unnecessary cost to business.
- Created Australian Power & Gas Plus (APG+) sub brand identity and UI styling. Tool enabling personal usage monitoring for customers. Targeted eDM drove 44% increase in sign ups.
- Designed and implemented Australia Day facebook promotion, utilising Wildfire app, resulting in increased online engagement and a
33% rise in followers in a one week period (2012).
- Improved productivity & work flow of design and marketing output by transforming creative process & developing strong stakeholder
relationships across all key business units.
Graphic Design & Art Direction // Freelance // Jan 2006 – present
As a freelance creative, I have worked with a variety of clients including those in retail & small business, independant musicians & artists, charity organisations and public sector. Have carried this out alongside full time and part time roles on a full time in-house contract and work from home basis.
Projects include work across brand identity, multimedia, flyers & brochures, packaging, typesetting, advertising & signage.
Key clients include – Alex Hahn music, Graeme Gillies photography, Quintessence Sydney, Jelly Bean Amusements, APSC (Australian Public Service Commission), ARHA (Australian Reproductive Health Alliance), NCETP (National Capital Educational Tourism Project), Pretty Girl Fashion Group, ROAM Financial solutions.
- Consistently produce high quality, personalised identities
- Managed client relationships & strive to ensure they are always happy with their project results
- Efficiently produce creative work within agreed timeline & budget
- Successfully liaise with vendors to efficiently produce all projects on time & within agreed budget
- Collaborate effectively during in-house contracted positions
- Highly adaptable – able to work autonomously as a freelancer & collaboratively during in-house contracts, easily alter workflow to suit different environments
Graphic Design & Production // Blaze Advertising // Feb 2008 – Dec 2009
Blaze Advertising is an integrated communications company that offers a broad range of creative and strategic marketing solutions and were the sole provider of all Govt. classified, recruitment, tender and public announcement advertising.
- Consistently produced high quantity, polished advertisements during agreed time frame
- Managed & implemented the re-design of multiple client advertising style templates
- Successfully worked autonomously & collaboratively as part of the production team & with the client services team
- Efficiently provided finished artwork for successful dispatch of ads using specialist newspaper pre-press software
- Assisted in the training of junior production staff
Junior Graphic Designer // Brandlogic International // Jan 2007 – Jul 2007
Successfully managed Coca-Cola image library, adapted branded campaign artwork to promotional items and packaging (wobblers, decals, billboards, drink can cartons), adhering to strict brand guidelines, image manipulation & retouching, in-house proofing and finished art. Produced pitch concepts and digital mockups for potential POS campaigns. Professionally carried out responsibilities as first point of contact and company administrator.
Assistant Operations & Production Manager // Jelly Bean Amusements // 2005 – 2009
Jelly Bean Amusements was a start up party & events hire company that catered for anything from children’s birthday parties to fetes and private corporate functions. Working on a part-time basis, my role included the design and production of all branding and advertising material, management of daily operations and recruitment of staff.
Creative Assistant // Short film “Untitled/The Trees”
Aust. Film, TV & Radio School (AFTRS) // Summer 2004
This was a volunteer roll in which I was responsible for sourcing appropriate props, materials and costumes as well as the collaborative design and creation of screen set and additional props.
- Floor manager & waitress // Sage, Tryst
- Dental nursing & reception // Dr S. Elliott, Dr J. Dale, Drs R. & S. Worboys
- Retail // The Fabric Shop